Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has NOT been previously published and is NOT currently being considered for publication by another journal.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word (or compatible) document file format and conforms to the layout requirements shown in the relevant template (see Author Guidelines). AJAL does not accept submissions in PDF format.
The submission includes:
- For articles:
- a title
- an abstract of up to 200 words
- a reference list of no more than 60 items
- For book reviews:
- a title
- all relevant information about the publication under review (see book reviews in previous issues for examples)
- URLs have been provided in the Reference List for items which are available electronically.
- DOIs have been provided where available.
The submission uses tables, figures and illustrations as follows:
- For articles: All tables, figures and illustrations are placed within the text at the appropriate points (NOT at the end of the text).
- For reviews: No tables, figures or illustrations have been used.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
If you are submitting an article (not required for a book review), you have prepared your submission for Blind Review by:
- blinding any mention of the author(s) in the text and in the reference list
- blinding any additional information that would indicate who the authors are (e.g. naming the site of data collection or referring to a connection with a particular text from which the author's identity can be ascertained
- removing author/institutional identities from the properties of the submitted file
Note: Blinding can be achieved by replacing relevant words and adding a phrase in square brackets as in the following examples:
1. This study investigates the language proficiency of students at XXX University [blinded for review] in Iraq.
2. Findings from an earlier study (Author, 2016 [blinded for review]) shows that....
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
Note: Authors are encouraged to post copies of their AJAL published papers to their own institutional or personal/professional websites along with a link to the original paper at the AJAL website. This will assist in diseminating their work as well as raising awareness of the journal.
Any names and email addresses you enter into this journal site will be used exclusively for maintinaing contact with you and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.