- BA in Modern Languages, Pontifical Xavierian University
- MA in Applied Linguistics, The University of Hong Kong
Upon completion of her undergraduate studies in Colombia, Lorena moved to China where she worked as teacher trainer and curriculum developer for international schools. She joined CAES in 2017 and has since been involved in the work of the Communication Support Services offered by the Centre. Lorena is interested in curriculum and instructional design and teacher identity.
Selected Publications / Presentations:
- Leigh,L. (2019). “Of course I have changed!”: A narrative inquiry of foreign teachers’ professional identities in Shenzhen, China. Teaching and Teacher Education, (86) (2019). Advance Online Publication https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tate.2019.102905.
- Singh, G., Leigh, L., & Zhang, J. (2018). The ETA Initiative: Beyond English Language Support. Paper presented at the Hong Kong Continuing Professional Development Symposium. The University of Hong Kong.
Grants / Awards / Other Achievements:
- Peter Cheung Memorial Prize
Office: Room 6.26
Telephone: 3917 7236
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org