- BSc in Psychology, The University of Reading
- PGDE (Major in TESOL, minor in Music), The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- MPhil in English Studies, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- PhD in Applied linguistics, The University of Nottingham
Letty has been teaching English-related courses in various universities both in Hong Kong and the UK since 2007. Prior to joining CAES in 2019, she was a teacher educator, teaching TESOL methodology courses to pre- and in-service English teachers. She is currently teaching undergraduate and postgraduate academic literacy courses at HKU.
Selected Publications / Presentations:
- Chan, L. (2016). The dynamic interplay of the ideal self, mental imagery and context: A language learner’s journey of success. In J. King (Ed.), Context and the learner in second language learning (pp. 29-46). Basingstoke, UK: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Dörnyei, Z., & Chan, L. (2013). Motivation and vision: An analysis of L2 self images and imagery capacity across two target languages. Language Learning, 63(3), 437-462.
- Chan, L. (2012). Christian language professionals (CLPs) and integrated vision: The stories of four educators. In M. S. Wong, C. Kristjansson & Z. Dörnyei (Ed.), Christian faith and English language teaching and learning: Research on the interrelationship of religion and ELT (pp. 206-222). New York: Routledge.
Office: Room 6.53
Telephone: 3917 1152
Email Address: email@example.com