- BA and MA in TESL, National University of Malaysia MSc in Language Education, Indiana University
- MSc in Instructional Systems Technology, Indiana University
- PhD in Language Education, Indiana University
Karen was Associate Head at the Centre for Language Studies, HKU SPACE before joining HKU’s Centre for Applied English Studies. She has taught language courses in US universities and research skills at postgraduate
levels. Karen is currently involved in postgraduate instruction, workplace English training and postgraduate supervision. Her areas of research interest are writing pedagogy, teacher cognition, learner motivation, workplace pragmatics, and curriculum development.
Special Interest Groups:
Editorial Board for International Journal of Information and Education Technology (IJIET)
Review Board/Technical Program Committee for:
- 2019 International Conference on Information and Education Technology (ICIET 2019)
- 2019 International Conference on Educational Research and Policy (ICERP 2019)
- 2018 International Seminar on Education Research and Social Science (ISERSS 2018)
Other Major Administrative Roles:
Coordinator for External Contracts/Specially Funded Courses
Deputy Coordinator for Graduate Research School Courses
Selected Publications / Presentations:
Ngeow, K. Y. H. (2018, April). Task engagement and its role in autonomous learning. Paper presented at JEC10 organized by the Association of Teachers and Researchers in Asia (ATERA), Osaka.
Ngeow, K.Y.H. & Ngeow, Y.M. (2015, August). Thoughts on teacher leadership: Examining roles and support for empowering teachers. Paper presented at 12th World Convention on Leading Educational Design ICP 2015, Helsinki, Finland.
Ngeow, K.Y.H. & Kong, Y.S. (2013). Workplace pragmatics: Right intentions, wrong perceptions. Journal of Teaching and Education, 2(3),
Office: Room 6.38
Telephone: 3917 7331
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org