- BA & BEd (LangEd-Eng) (First Class Honours), The University of Hong Kong
- MA in Applied Linguistics (Distinction), The University of Hong Kong
Grace has previously been an English and Language Arts teacher at local secondary schools and a teacher trainer at the Faculty of Education, HKU. There she taught Pedagogy and Pedagogical Content Knowledge courses to BA&BEd and MA(TESOL) students, supervised Professional Teaching Practicum, and served on the FELPT/LPATE team.
At CAES, Grace currently teaches English-in-the-Discipline courses for Engineering and Business and Economics students, offers ELA consultations and runs SPOC workshops.
Teaching aside, Grace has held several roles at the Education Bureau and the Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority, and regularly adjudicates English writing and speech competitions in the local community, such as the HKSMSA Speech Festival. Her academic interests include discourse analysis, language testing and assessment, second language teaching and learning, and teacher training.
Publicity and Outreach
Selected Publications / Presentations:
- Chang, G. (2021, January). Understanding learner autonomy through experiential learning and flipped classroom. Paper presented at The HKCPD Hub Virtual International Conference 2021 [Online].
- Chang, G., & Lee, H. N. C. (2019, April). Nurturing 21st Century Skills through Community-based Experiential Learning in Teacher Education. Talk presented at the One from Hundred Thousand Social Innovation Symposium: Education for a Complex Future, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- Chang, G. (2018, June). A Critical Review of the English Speaking Paper in the HKDSE Examination. Paper presented at The 16th Asia TEFL International Conference, University of Macau.
Grants / Awards / Other Achievements:
- Peter Cheung Memorial Prize (Faculty of Arts, HKU), 2018
- Scholarship for Prospective English Teachers (Education Bureau, HKSAR), 2010-2014
Office: Room 6.07
Telephone: 3917 2027
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org