- BA in English Studies (First Class), City University of Hong Kong
- MA in Literary and Cultural Studies, The University of Hong Kong
- Cert. TESOL, Trinity College London
Gagan obtained his M.A. in Literary and Cultural Studies at The University of Hong Kong. Prior to his postgraduate qualification, he accumulated experience in various fields including broadcast journalism, social media, and language tutoring while completing his B.A. in English Studies from City University of Hong Kong. Before joining the Centre for Applied English Studies as an Assistant Lecturer, he worked as a research assistant for the Hong Kong Archive of Language Learning, and English teaching assistant at CAES. Gagan currently teaches a range of undergraduate courses, including Academic English for Science Students, Academic Communication for Business and Economics, Core University English, Technical English for Computer Science, and Professional and Technical Communication for Mathematical Sciences. He also runs Academic Writing and Portfolio Writing workshops for MA programmes. His academic interests include literary and film studies, student autonomy and engagement, and language, culture and identity.
Selected Publications / Presentations:
- Singh, G. (2018). [Review of the Book: Faces of English: Students, Teachers, and Pedagogy, by L.C. Wong & K. Hyland]. The Asian Journal of Applied Linguistics, 5(2), 263-264.
- Singh, G., Leigh, L., & Zhang, J. (2018). The ETA Initiative: Beyond English Language Support. Hong Kong Continuing Professional Development Symposium conducted at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong.
Office: Room 6.26
Telephone: 3917 7236
Email Address: email@example.com