- Certificate in Literary Studies, HKU SPACE
- Master of Arts in Applied Linguistics, The University of Hong Kong
- Master of Business Administration, University of Hull, United Kingdom
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education, The University of Hong Kong
- Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA) – British Council Hong Kong
- Doctor of Education, Northeastern University, Boston, USA
Daya worked 18 years in the business sector; in garments import/export & trading, then involved in OEM project in Electronics manufacturing. Being awarded an MBA in 1998 she started teaching College level English for Business while studying for a CELTA. She then taught in a CMI secondary school and did the PCEd at HKU (part-time). From 2003-5 she studied for MAAL (part-time) at The University of Hong Kong (HKU) while serving as an Advisory Teacher in the Education Bureau (formerly EMB), Native-speaking English Teachers (NET) Section. She served not only as a liaison between NETs and LETs but also organized teacher training workshops, had lesson observations and assisted collaborative lesson planning in 15 schools.
Tertiary teaching had been her part-time role in City University of Hong Kong since 1999 before she became full time in 2007. She organised out-of-class activities, managed the Self-Access Centre and was the EDB coordinator for New Senior Secondary Syllabus (NSS) teacher training workshops.
She has been involved in the planning and
development of CAES9920 Academic Communication for Business and Economics
course since joining CAES in 2012. This course
particularly focuses on the “Flipped Classroom” and the use of IT for students’
engagement and innovation in pedagogy such as Google classroom for peer and
teacher feedback. Her research interests
include policy and planning (teacher training and development), self-access
language learning, learner autonomy, English literature & language arts.
Special Interest Groups:
Autonomy,IT,Language Education,Postgraduate Writing
AJAL,Publicity and Outreach
- Hong Kong Association for Self-Access Learning and Development (HASALD)
- Alumni Member of The University of Hong Kong & HKU SPACE
Office: Room 6.09
Telephone: 3917 7265
Email Address: email@example.com