- BA, The University of Hong Kong
- MPhil, The University of Hong Kong
- PhD, The University of Hong Kong
- Fellow, The Higher Education Academy
Alice obtained her Bachelor of Arts in Linguistics and Translation from The University of Hong Kong. She also completed her doctoral degree in the area of language and health communication in the Centre for the Humanities and Medicine, HKU. Her main research interests include discourse analysis, medical/health communication, and health and nutrition literacy.
Special Interest Groups:
Communication in the Health Sciences
Other Major Administrative Roles:
- Programme Coordinator: CAES1000 Core University English
Selected Publications / Presentations:
- Yau, A. H. Y., Yeung, M. W. L., & Lee, C. Y. P. (2022). A co-orientation analysis of teachers’ and students’ perceptions of online teaching and learning in Hong Kong higher education during the COVID-19 pandemic. Studies in Educational Evaluation, 101128. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.stueduc.2022.101128
- Yeung, M. W. L., & Yau, A. H. Y. (2021). A thematic analysis of higher education students’ perceptions of online learning in Hong Kong under COVID-19: Challenges, strategies and support. Education and Information Technologies, 1-28. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10639-021-10656-3#citeas
- Yau, A. H. Y., Turnbull, M., Angus, D., & Watson, B. (2020). Visualizing communication in health care. In B. Watson and J. Krieger (Eds.), Expanding horizons in health communication: An Asian Perspective (pp. 275-293). Springer.
Office: Room 6.51
Telephone: 3917 7257
Email Address: email@example.com