- BA, The University of Hong Kong
- MPhil, The University of Hong Kong
- PhD, The University of Hong Kong
Alice obtained her Bachelor of Arts in Linguistics and Translation from The University of Hong Kong. She also completed her doctoral degree in the area of language and health communication in the Centre for the Humanities and Medicine, HKU. Her main research interests include discourse analysis, medical/health communication, and health and nutrition literacy.
Special Interest Groups:
Communication in the Health Sciences
Selected Publications / Presentations:
- Yau, A.H.Y., Angus D., Turnbull M., & Watson B. (accepted). Visualizing communication in health care. In B. Watson & J Krieger (Eds.), Expanding Horizons in Health Communication. Springer.
- Tsang A., Fung D. & Yau, A.H.Y. (2019). Evaluating supplementary and mainstream ESL/EFL education: Learners’ views from secondary- and tertiary-level perspectives. Studies in Educational Evaluation, 62, 61-71. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.stueduc.2019.04.004
- Law, Q. P. S., Yau, A. H. Y., & Chung, J. W. Y. (2018). Chinese Adults’ Nutrition Label
Literacy in Hong Kong: Implications for nurses. Nursing and Health Sciences, 21, 171-177. 10.1111/nhs.12575
Grants / Awards / Other Achievements:
- 2019-2020: Mhealth. Dean’s Research Fund, funded by The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Co-Investigator.
- 2018-2019: Visualizing communication in health care. Dean’s Research Fund, funded by The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Co-Investigator.
- 2018-2019: The Discourse of Chinese Medicine. CPCE Research Fund, funded by College of Professional and Continuing Education, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Co-Investigator.
Office: Room 6.27
Telephone: 3917 7257
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org