- BA in Comparative Literature & English Linguistics, The University of Hong Kong
- BEd in English Language Education, The University of Hong Kong
- MSc in TESOL, University of Stirling
- PhD in Education, University of York (In Progress)
- Fellow, The Higher Education Academy
Albert began his career as an English for Academic Purposes (EAP) practitioner here at CAES, HKU shortly after attaining qualified teacher status. Since then, he has been involved in teaching and developing English-in-the-discipline (ED) courses for Faculties of Dentistry, Architecture and Business and Economics. He has also taught on the first-year general EAP module (CAES1000 Core University English) as well as ED courses for undergraduate programmes in Social Sciences and Education. He currently coordinates the General Language Advising (GLA) programme and the Dentistry English-in-the-discipline course. His research interests include dialogic pedagogy, classroom interaction and classroom discourse analysis, language advising discourse and learner autonomy.
Publicity and Outreach
- Member of British Association of Lecturers in English for Academic Purposes (BALEAP)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (HEA)
Other Major Administrative Roles:
- Coordinator of General Language Advising (GLA)
- Coordinator of Dentistry English-in-the-discipline course
- Co-opted member of the Faculty of Arts Committee on Gender Equality and Diversity (CGED)
- Member, Faculty of Dentistry Board
Selected Publications / Presentations:
- Wong, A. C. (2020). Language advising in a research-intensive, multi-disciplinary learning context: Critical reflection on the use of advising strategies. Relay Journal, 3(1), 48-54. https://doi.org/10.37237/relay/030104
- Wong, A. (2019). (Re-)envisioning Language Advisor Development in Response to Changing ALL Provisions. Paper presented at the Research Institute for Learner Autonomy (RILAE) LAb Session June 2019: Kanda University of International Studies, Japan.
- Wong, A. (2019). Dialogue in the EAP Classroom: practitioners and learners collaborative knowledge building. Paper presented at the BALEAP PIM “Knowledge in EAP” June 2019: University of Northampton, UK.
Grants / Awards / Other Achievements:
- AIA Foundation Scholarship (2008-09)
- Longman Education Scholarship (2008-09)
Office: Room 6.28
Telephone: 3917 7221
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org