- MSc in TESOL, University of Stirling
- PhD in Education, University of York (In Progress)
- Fellow, The Higher Education Academy
Albert began his career as an English for Academic Purposes (EAP) practitioner here at CAES, HKU shortly after attaining qualified teacher status. Since then, he has been involved in developing English-in-the-discipline (ED) courses for Faculties of Dentistry, Architecture and Business & Economics. He has also taught on Social Sciences (Great Speeches) and Education ED courses. He coordinates the General Language Advising (GLA) programme and serves also as deputy coordinator of the Dentistry English-in-the-discipline programme. His research interests include dialogic pedagogy, classroom interaction and classroom discourse analysis, language advising discourse and learner autonomy.
Publicity and Outreach
- Member of British Association of Lecturers in English for Academic Purposes (BALEAP)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (HEA)
Other Major Administrative Roles:
- Programme Coordinator for General Language Advising (GLA)
- Deputy Coordinator for Dentistry English-in-the-discipline Programme
- Elected CAES Representative of the Faculty of Arts Committee on Gender Equality and Diversity (CGED)
Selected Publications / Presentations:
- Wong, A. (2019). (Re-)envisioning Language Advisor Development in Response to Changing ALL Provisions. Paper presented at the Research Institute for Learner Autonomy (RILAE) LAb Session June 2019: Kanda University of International Studies, Japan.
- Wong, A. (2019). Dialogue in the EAP Classroom: practitioners and learners collaborative knowledge building. Paper presented at the BALEAP PIM “Knowledge in EAP” June 2019: University of Northampton, UK.
- Wong, A. (2019). Articulating EAP Practitioner Identity Through Engagement with Discipline-Specific Classroom Dialogue. Paper presented at the Norwegian Forum for English for Academic Purposes 2019: Oslo Metropolitan University, Norway.
Office: Room 6.28
Telephone: 3917 7221
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org