Bachelor in English Linguistics:
Kuwait’s University, Collage of Arts. Kuwait City, Kuwait. Graduation: 2012.
American University of Sharjah. Sharjah, United Arab Emirates. Graduation: 2020.
The University of Hong Kong-Hong Kong, Current student.
- Professional certified trainer, BITA, Kuwait, 2021
- TESOL Arabia Conference certificate, Dubai, 2019.
- Speed Reading certificate, from Almullah Programs, Kuwait, 2014.
- Online Classroom certificate, from the TAC Technology Institute for Private Training, Kuwait, 2020.
Foreign Relation Department, Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor.
Translator- Kuwait City, Kuwait from 2013 to 2016.
Ministry of Education:
English Language Teacher- Kuwait City, Kuwait from 2012 to 2013, from 2016 to 2018 and from 2020 until 2021.
- As a translator, I have translated resolutions, contracts, CVs, documents and letters from ministries, banks, international organizations and embassies from English to Arabic and from Arabic to English.
- As a teacher, I worked on developing the students reading, writing, speaking and listening skills in English. Implementing a communicative approach in teaching by encouraging group work, communication in class, using tasks like the jigsaw task, structured input tasks, textual enhancement and flooded texts which I learned about in my MA TESOL. I used a variety of teaching materials. For example, tasks, visual aids, listening materials, educational games, videos, PowerPoint presentations and other teaching materials. Concerning distant teaching, I used Microsoft Teams for conducting my lessons and I used the www.wooclap.com website to share interactive exercises with my students which made distant teaching very interactive.
- Language: Arabic and English.
- Computer Software: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Forms, Microsoft Stream, Zoom, OneNote, Wooclap and more.
- Professional: face to face teaching, distant teaching, presenting presentations, class management, translation, conducting empirical research, conducting workshops, model lessons, training, speed reading and more.
Special Interest Groups:
Selected Publications / Presentations:
Alabdullah,N . (2021). Structured Input vs. Structured Output Task’s Effects on the Acquisition of the English Causative Forms: Discourse-Level. Revisiting the Communicative Approach: The Tripod Construct Arab World English Journal, 12 (1) 270 -292. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.24093/awej/vol12no1.19
Grants / Awards / Other Achievements:
1-A scholarship for my MA TESOL at the the American University of Sharjah, granted by the Ministry of Education in Kuwait.
Office: Room 6.50
Telephone: 3917 7336
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org