- BA, The University of Hong Kong
- MA in Educational Studies, University of York, U.K.
- PhD, University of York, U.K.
- PGDE, The University of Hong Kong
Joanna joined the Centre for Applied English Studies a couple of years after completion of her PhD in Educational Studies in the UK. She is teaching a range of English courses for undergraduates, including Core University English (CUE) for first-year students and English-in-the-discipline courses for students from a range of disciplines. She has also been teaching courses for the Graduate School and supervising MA dissertations.
Joanna’s interested research areas include EAP/ESP and sociolinguistics.
Teaching and Learning
Other Major Administrative Roles:
Quality Enhancement Coordinator, CAES Teaching and Learning Committee
Selected Publications / Presentations:
- Lee, J.C.Y. (2018). ‘Enhancing the effectiveness of group discussion in a postgraduate English writing class’, KATE 2018 International Conference, Seoul.
- Lee J.C.Y. (2016). ‘We don’t just talk; we have to write!’ – students’ perceptions of an English course for social work, KATE International Conference, Seoul.
- Kim Y.K., Ip N.M. and Lee J.C.Y. (2016). Enhancing undergraduate L2 learners’ intercultural communication skills: A case of project-based learning between Hong Kong and Korea, Kate International Conference, Seoul.
Office: Room 6.20
Telephone: 3917 7327
Email Address: email@example.com