- BA in English Literature and Linguistics, Providence University
- MA in TESOL, National Yunlin University of Science and Technology
Ever since the completion on his MA dissertation that examined EAP teaching in Taiwan, Greg has been focusing on the line of ESP or EAP from the perspectives of both a practitioner and a researcher. He was a Lecturer of English, certified by the Ministry of Education in Taiwan, for almost a decade, mainly associated with undergraduate students in English writing/speaking and TESOL-related courses. He also hosted a wide range of training programs for professionals/specialists from enterprises in central and northern Taiwan. His Ph.D. research areas are centered on the language teacher development in ESP and EAP teaching.
Special Interest Groups:
Selected Publications / Presentations:
- Wu, C.
H. & Chao, Y. C. (2015). Learners’ agency in a Facebook-mediated community. In F.
Helm, L. Bradley, M. Guarda, & S. Thouësny. (Eds), Critical CALL – Proceedings of the 2015 EUROCALL Conference, Padova,
Italy. 558-563. Dublin Ireland: Research-publishing.net. Doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.14705/rpnet.2015.000393.
- Wu, C. H. (2018). Interdisciplinarity in an English-Medium Technical English for Mechanical Engineering
course: A Qualitative Enquiry into Disciplinary Specificity. Paper presented at the 2018
International Conference on Applied Linguistics and Language Teaching (ALLT
2018). National Taiwan University of Science and
Technology. April 20-21.
- Wu, G. C.-H. & Lau, K. (2020). Engaging senior-year admitted students’ academic
literacies across the discipline: A language practitioner’s perspective. Innovations
in Education and Teaching International. Advanced online publication. doi: 10.1080/14703297.2020.1733044
Grants / Awards / Other Achievements:
- University Postgraduate Studentship, The University of Hong Kong (2016-)
- College of Foreign Languages and Literature Postgraduate Scholarship in Recognition of International Conference Participation, National Chengchi University, Taipei (2015)
- English Department Postgraduate Scholarship, National Chengchi University, Taipei (2014)
Office: Room 6.50
Telephone: 3917 7336
Email Address: email@example.com