English Language Programme for Research Postgraduates
The Centre offers an English Language Programme (via the Graduate School) to all HKU MPhil and PhD students to help advance their oral and written communication skills for scholarship and research. There is a required core course for all research postgraduate students, a special English course for selected students from non-English medium universities, six workshops, and the Postgraduate Writing Support Service. About a thousand students attend these courses/workshops each academic year.
- Introduction to Thesis Writing (the Humanities and Related Disciplines)
- Introduction to Thesis Writing (the Sciences and Related Disciplines)
- Intensive English for Postgraduate Students
- Writing Right: Writing Accurately and Clearly
- Effective Academic Speaking Skills
- Getting Published in Academic Journals (Humanities and related disciplines)
- Getting Published in Academic Journals (Sciences and related disciplines)
- Effective Conference Preparation and Participation
- Managing Your Confirmation Seminar and Viva
(workshops offered may vary each year)
In addition, research postgraduate students are invited to access all the CAES self-access learning resources.